On-site SEO focuses on whether your site is findable and usable. Can users find your business online? And when they arrive, can they find the information they need to make purchase decisions?
Search engine optimization is an ongoing process – your website and online marketing should be based on careful analysis and planning.
For existing businesses with older websites, I offer site audits to help determine strengths and weaknesses that may be stifling your growth.
Once a site audit is complete, if you don’t want to do the work yourself, I offer plans for implementing the fixes and moving forward.
As you build your website over time, even with the best intentions, your website can become disorganized. It’s a good practice to periodically review your site to see if it still meets the needs of your audience. Or if you don’t know what is wrong with your website or where to begin, a site audit is a great way to get started.
In addition to analyzing content for SEO, as a web designer, I also understand the technical issues that can affect your site’s performance. I review your site’s design, SEO, web content, navigation, structure, code, and more.
How it works:
You will be asked to fill out questionnaire to help me understand your business and your website. I’ll also request WordPress login details.
Once I’m finished analyzing your site, you receive a report that outlines the problems I found and fixes you can do yourself or I can do for you. Each report includes an analysis of the homepage, competition, messaging, usability, and the results of the checklist items with notes and tips.
Technical SEO tune-ups
Your technical SEO setup can either improve or ruin your website’s findability and usability. A correct technical setup gives your site the best chance to be indexed by the search engines. And once your visitors arrive, it helps them find the information they’re looking for.
I offer one-time tuneups and retainer packages:
- One-time tune-ups are best if you only need setup or repairs for technical issues uncovered during your site audit.
- Custom retainer plans include periodic site audits and ongoing monitoring and maintenance for technical problems that cause a poor experience for visitors or reduced rank in the search engines — or worst case, a Google penalty.
Technical SEO setup
- Google Analytics setup and code installation
- SEO plugin installation and setup
- Primary and secondary navigation
- Local business optimization
- Google compliance
- Site structure
- Page structure
- XML site maps
- Site verification
- 301 redirects
- SSL (https)
Technical SEO repair
- Incorrect or missing technical setup
- Missing SEO meta tags (title, description)
- Obsolete or broken code
- Broken links and redirects
- Internal linking problems
- Navigation problems
- Page not found errors
- Layout issues
- Duplicate content
Once the setup and repairs are completed, you receive a report of the work done on your site. All technical SEO retainer plans include monthly reporting and can also include WordPress backup and maintenance and any custom services you need.