If you run a WordPress membership website or blog with multiple authors, you might have to occasionally reset a user password. Users can reset their own passwords using the login page, but sometimes you may need to update one manually. Here’s how:
- From the WordPress dashboard, click Users.
- Find the user in the list (or use the search tool) then click their name to edit their profile.
- Scroll to the Account Management area then click Generate Password. Always use a strong password, not something easy to guess or an easily hacked temporary password such as password123.
- Copy the password so you can send it to the user.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page then click Save User.
Make sure when you send the new password to your subscriber, you use a secure method instead of email. I like to use NoteShred to send encrypted messages to clients.